Sunday, December 9, 2012

Paris Hit by Wave of Street Muggings and Grave Robberies

Paris hit by wave of street muggings and grave robberies - Telegraph:

"Austerity-struck Paris has been hit by a wave of street muggings and grave robberies with thieves prepared to exhume bodies to steal gold and jewellery."

When I saw this head line, immediately I though about Ann Coulter's column last fourth of July:

On July 4th, Remember, We're Not French

Here is a short excerpt from this outstanding article:

"Among the most famous quotes from the American Revolution is Patrick Henry's 'Give me liberty or give me death!' Among the most famous slogans of the French Revolution is that of Jacobin Club 'Fraternity or death,' recast by Nicolas-Sebastien de Chamfort, a satirist of the revolution, 'Be my brother or I'll kill you.'"

Enjoy!

Recommended reading:

Down and Out in London and Paris - by George Orwell (who also authored 1984)

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)