Friday, September 5, 2014

My Favorite Poems

I'm not a poet. I probably couldn't write a poem if my life depended on it. But I do appreciate others who have gifts in this area. Here are some of my favorite poems:


He Always Wanted to Say Things (my favorite poem, by far!)
The Fountains mingle with the rivers 
I have Wept in the Night                                    
Heaven's very special child
The Poison Tree                    
What is the Gospel According to you?                           
Ryle vs. Hoyle
Said the robin to the sparrow  
A Narrow Fellow in the Grass                                        
The  Bible vs. the TV Guide
The Oyster                          
 I Taste a Liquor Never Brewed
Tis a Point I Long to Know       
America the Beautiful               
The Surgeon does not Blanch at Pain
A Wise Old Owl                      
If
The calf path                       
A man said to the universe, 'Sir, I Exist!'
The Loom of Time                   
Invictus & My Captain
Jenny Kissed Me                   
There Was a Cautious Man
No time to pray                    
Why Must I weep While others Sing?
I said a prayer for you today  
Your laws ignore our deepest needs
I Had No Time to Hate           
My friend I stand in judgment now
One by one God took them from me 
I dropped my Brain
I had been hungry all the years  
Miss Heroin
I'm Nobody, Who Are You?      
When you were a tadpole and I was a fish
The Royal Feast was done      
Lead Us, Evolution
Two Natures                         
To fight aloud is very brave
I Bargained with Life               
Oh saw ye the Lass with the bonny blue een?
Razors Pain You                     
It Was not Death For I Stood Up
Mary had a little lamb              
What? Giving Again I cried in Dismay
The Wayfarer                           
Young people who delight in sin
I asked the Lord that I may grow 
'Twas the night before Jesus came
I felt a funeral                          
Show me the prison #1
Not as all Women Are                 
Show me the prison #2
Touch of the Master's Hand         
What if Dr. Suess wrote Technical Manuel's?
If a child lives with criticism        
Because I could not stop for death
The Devil's Vision                       
A big silver dollar and a little brown cent
Female of the Species                 
I'd rather see a sermon
Now I sit Me Down in School         
Oh, what a happy child I am

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)