Saturday, January 2, 2016

Do You Have to Believe in the Resurrection to Be A Christian?

'I'll Try to Keep Down My Screams of Agony': Resurrection-Denying 'Pastor' Mocks Being Hellbound - christiannews.net

Excerpt from this article:

 "A false teacher and minister in Texas who says that He doesn’t believe in the literal resurrection of Christ recently mocked the gospel...making fun of having an eternal destiny in Hell. 'Apparently, because I don’t believe in a literal resurrection, I’m not really Christian,' Jim Rigby of St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church..."
------------------------------------------------------

The resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ is a fundamental part of the gospel, and only the gospel can save a soul from spending an eternity in hell. This 'Pastor' may joke about hell fire now, but a time will come when his laughter will turn to mourning.

The Bible says:

"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;  And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures..." - 1 Corinthians 15:3,4

"And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins." - 1 Corinthians 15:17

Recommended hymn:

The Day of Resurrection

Recommended Reading (my post):

The Roman Road to Salvation

Recommended sermons:

The Resurrection Of Christ: Fact Or Fiction? by Rev. Cornelis Pronk
Colossians 2:1-15 , by Rev. Paul den Butter



day of ressurection
roman road

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)