Sunday, December 16, 2012

Mass Murderer Adam Lanza Will have His Day in Court!

I read a news article today in which the writer lamented the fact that mass murderer Adam Lanza had committed suicide and therefore would "never have his day in court." But the writer is wrong. Adam Lanza - along with every person who has ever lived on this planet - will surely have their day in court.

I will have my day in court. And so will Adam Lanza, O.J. Simpson, Bill Clinton, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Casey Anthony, and Barack Obama. Some of us will have our day in court in this life, but all of us will have our day in court in the next. The Bible says:

"For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ: that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men." - II Corinthians 5:10,11.

And also:

"In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel." - Romans 2:16

The late Reformed theologian Louis Berkhof says:

"It is perfectly evident from scripture that every human being that has ever lived  will give an account of their lives before God."

And that includes Adam Lanza!

Recommended reading (my post):

The Roman Road to Salvation

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)