Thursday, July 28, 2022

Daily Sermon for the Hearing Impaired: Putting a Branch to the Nose

Putting a Branch to the Nose, by Pastor Russ [Text: Genesis 42]

Note: This daily sermon for the hearing impaired is dedicated to my good friend, David J. Bishop, who went home to be with his Lord Jesus on July 1, 2021. David was the inspiration for me to begin posting links to sermons for the hearing impaired. David's not deaf anymore. And the first words he heard were from our Lord Jesus, saying to him, "Well done, David, thou good and faithful servant. Enter into the joy of thy Lord!" [Matthew 25:21 (Audio)]

Here is one of the last pictures David sent to me before he died. He was a big sports fan and LOVED the Seattle Seahawks! But David loved our Lord Jesus much, much more!


 "Whosoever calleth upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." - Romans 10:13

"My friend I stand in Judgment now
And feel that you're to blame somehow.
While on this earth I walked with you day by day
And never did you point the way.

"You knew the Lord in truth and glory,
But never did you tell the story.
My knowledge then was very dim,
You could have led me safe to him.

"Though we lived together here on earth
You never told me of the second birth.
And now I stand this day condemned,
Because you failed to mention him.

 "You taught me many things, that's true,
I called you friend and trusted you.
But now I learned, now it's too late,
You could have kept me from this fate.

"We walked by day and talked by night,
And yet you showed me not the light.
You let me live, love and die,
And all the while you knew I'd never live on high.

 "Yes, I called you friend in life,
And trusted you in joy and strife.
Yet in coming to this end,
I see you really weren't my friend!"
-My Friend, by D.J. Higgins

Recommended sermon:


  1. Here is an excerpt from this sermon: "The deaf world does feel isolated. I've heard a statistic that only 1 to 2% of people who are deaf have had the gospel signed to them in American Sign Language. Only 1 to 2%"Dail

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)