Sunday, July 24, 2022

Today in History - July 25

 306 Constantine I is proclaimed Roman emperor by his troops (Source)

Recommended sermons and podcasts:



677 - Climax of the Siege of Thessalonia by the Slavs in a three-day assault on the city walls  (Source)

Recommended sermons and podcasts:

I Thessalonians: Background and Introduction, by Brian Borgman [Text: I Thessalonians 1:1; Acts 17:1-10]

Mary I marries Philip II of Spain at Winchester Cathedral (Source)

Recommended sermons and podcasts:

Bloody Mary, Part 1, by Rev. John Sawtelle
Bloody Mary, Part 2, by Rev. John Sawtelle
Elizabeth I, Part I, by Joe Morecraft III
Elizabeth I, Part II, by Joe Morecraft III

1593 - Henry IV of France publicly converts from Protestantism to Roman Catholicism (Source)

Recommended sermons and podcasts:

The French Huguenots, by Peter Hammond

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)