Monday, June 10, 2013

What I Believe

I believe the Bible is the Word of God. I believe that it is inspired by God. It is without error in the original manuscripts, which I believe have been faithfully passed down to us in the form of the Authorized King James Bible.

While I do not believe any other book or writing is inspired in the sense that the Bible is inspired, I do believe that the following creeds and confessions of the Reformed Churches accurately convey what the Bible teaches:

The Apostle's Creed
The Nicene Creed
The Athanasian Creed
The Heidelberg Catechism
The Belgic Confession of Faith
The Canons of Dordt

I also hold to the following confessions and catechisms of the Presbyterian Churches:

The Westminster Confession of Faith
The Westminster Larger Catechism
The Westminster Shorter Catechism

And to the extent that the Baptist Confession of Faith of 1689 agrees with the above creeds, confessions and catechisms, I hold to it as well.

Also see my posts:

Is the Bible Infallible?
The Five Points of Calvinism

If I write anything on this site that conflicts with The Bible and these creeds and confessions, then I am in error.


How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)