Saturday, August 19, 2017

American and Russian History - Set to Music!

The Complete History of the Soviet Union - Arranged to the Music of Tetris
Don McLean - The Meaning of American Pie (Update)

Note: The second video ends with the following quote by Don McLean:

"It was a story about America. The fact that people were drawn into the song as a result of symbols that I chose to use was the reason that I chose to use those symbols in the first place."

American Pie came out in 1971. Two years later another hit song came out - about Don McClean and his song, American Pie. That song was Killing Me Softly (The Killing Me Softly Story).

I've heard - although I haven't been able to verify it - that Don McClean said this about the meaning of his song, American Pie:

"This song means I never have to work another day the rest of my life!"

For extra credit, check out:

Laurence M. Vance: The Crime of Vietnam - lewrockwell.com
Paul Craig Roberts: What the North Korean Crisis is Really About - lewrockwell.com
Stephan Lendman: 72nd Anniversary of Hiroshima's Gratuitous Mass Murder - lewrockwell.com
Patrick Buchanan: Who Got Us Into These Endless Wars? - lewrockwell.com
None Dare Call it Conspiracy, by Gary Allen (1971)
A History of the Council on Foreign Relations...In Our Time (my post)

Recommended podcast: 

Hiroshima, Scorched Earth, and Nuclear Warfare - Why We Don't Kill Women and Children, by Pastor Kevin Swanson





How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)