Sunday, December 2, 2012

Martin Luther Quotes

"
Who is Martin Luther?

"[to Roman Catholic priest and scholar, Erasmus]...you alone have attacked the real thing, that is, the essential issue. You have not worried me with extraneous issues about the papacy, purgatory, indulgences and such like, trifles, rather than issues, in respect of which almost all men to date have sought my blood...you, and you alone, have seen the hinge on which the vital spot turns, and aimed for the vital spot. For that I heartily thank you, fr it is more gratifying to me to deal with this issue [does man have a free will?]"
"Others who have lived before me have attacked the popes evil and scandalous life. I have attacked his doctrine."
"You know that I disagree with the Sophists in everything; you might well spare me therefore, and not lay their perversity at my door."
"See, I pray you, what abundance of byways and boltholes a slippery mind will seek out in its flight from truth."
"I do not care what nonsense Jerome talks here, it proves nothing. In any case, we are discussing the meaning of scripture, not the meaning of Jerome."


How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)