Friday, September 14, 2018

Welcome to My Gospel Project!

"Somewhere, like in Texas, there were preachers who preached it all, from Genesis to Revelation, without blinking an eye. I took great comfort in knowing that, even while I preached a pitiful, compromised, peeled-down gospel, that somewhere good old Bible-believing preachers were offering their congregations the unadulterated Word, straight up!" (Source unknown)

The purpose of My Gospel Project is to obey our Lord Jesus command, "Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized, shall be saved, and he that believeth not shall be damned." - Mark 16:15,16 (Audio)

I don't post 'pitiful, compromised, peeled-down sermons on My Gospel Project. I post sermons by "Bible-believing preachers" that offer "their congregations the unadulterated Word, straight up!" Or, to use the words of Evangelist E.A. Johnston, "I'm going to give you to oil straight from the can!"

Here is just a sample of the sermons that I post on My Gospel Project:
Pastor Charles Spurgeon once said: 

"That old truth that Calvin preached, that Augustine preached, that Paul preached, is the truth that I must preach today, or else be false to my conscience and my God. I cannot shape the truth; I know of no such thing as paring off the rough edges of doctrine. John Knox's gospel is my gospel. That which thundered through Scotland must thunder through England again today." (From Ian Murray's book The Forgotten Spurgeon)

One final word.  Eric Hoffer has been quoted as saying, "Every great cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket." (Source)  My Gospel Project began in 2012 with the lofty goal of spreading the Gospel to the four corners of the earth (See Matthew 28:18-20). That is still the whole purpose of this website.

I've had readers from over  90 countries around the world. You can't donate to My Gospel Project. And it certainly is not meant to take the place of the local church. In fact, I would never post a link to a sermon unless I was sure that minister believed Christians are duty-bound to join a local church!

I want to encourage you have spent some time on this website - and especially listen to some of the sermons that I link to (sermons like How to How to Benefit from a Funeral and Salvation Plain and Simple). And then if you agree with me that these ministers proclaim the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ in a clear and compelling manner, then I would ask you to consider supporting this website by shopping at my Affiliate Christianbook.com

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)