Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Quotes for Wednesday, April 27, 2022

 

Photo by Filip Zrnzević on Unsplash
Thought 1:

"Satan must have thought much of Martin Luther. 'I could ride the world over,' says he, 'if it were not for that monk. He stands in my way. That strong headed man hates and mauls my firstborn son, the pope. If I could get rid of him I wouldn't mind though 50,000 smaller saints stood in my way." - from Spurgeon's sermon Satan Considering the Saints)


Thought 2:

"A lady, who heard [George] Whitfield, in Scotland, preach upon the words, 'And the door was shut,' being placed near two dashing young men, but at a considerable distance from the pulpit, witnessing their mirth; and overheard one say, in a low tone to the other, 'Well, what if the door be shut. Another will open.' Thus they turned off the solemnity of the text. Mr. Whitfield had not proceeded far when he said, 'It is possible there may be some careless, trifling person here today, who may ward off the force of this impressive subject, by lightly thinking, 'What matter if the door be shut. Another will open.' The two young men were paralyzed and looked at each other. Mr. Whitfield proceeded: 'Yes, another will open. And I will tell you what door it will be: it will be the door of the bottomless pit! - the door of hell! - the door which conceals from the eyes of angels the horrors of damnation!'" (From Spurgeon's Sermon Notes

Thought 3:


"When a man has been a gross offender, there will be a conversion that men and angels and devils will be sure to see - and this is one of the open evidences that he is a Christian.” from Spurgeon's Gems

Thought 4 (From the Bible):

He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.” - Revelation22:11,12 (Audio)

Recommended sermons on Revelation 22:11 & 12:

The Parallel Development of Good and Evil in History, by Rev. Cornelis (Neil) Pronk
The Great Sifting, by Dr. Jerry Bilkes

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)