Thursday, December 5, 2013

Carrie Underwood to Play 'Maria' in New Sound of Music

Country-Christian singer Carry Underwood is reportedly going to be paid $9 million to play Maria in a remake of the Sound of Music. I think she is a good choice for the part. Not everyone agrees: See Carry Underwood's Sound of Music - Gag Me Now, and Who the Von Trapps Wish Could Replace Carrie Underwood in The Sound Of Music).

Carrie Underwood has a great voice. No one can deny that. And like Amy Grant (El Shaddai, Better Than a Hallelujah) she has used that voice in both gospel and secular music. I'm not begrudging her that. Some of the songs Carrie Underwood has sung - like Before He Cheats [43,819,608 hits on YouTube!!!]- contain a strong message to Christians and non-Christians alike.

But by far my favorite song sung by Carrie Underwood is: Jesus Take the Wheel. In fact, I liked it so much, I did a post on my blog around this song, titled: Why Jesus Didn't Take the Wheel!

Recommended reading and listening (my posts)


More Thoughts on True Worship
Some Thoughts on True Worship

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)