Sunday, June 29, 2014

Walk A Little Plainer, Daddy

Here is a great poem to start off your week:

Walk A Little Plainer, Daddy
- by Forrest Flowers

"Walk a little plainer, Daddy,
Said a little child, so frail.
I'm following in your footsteps
And I don't want to fail.

"Sometimes your steps are very plain
Sometimes hard to see.
So walk a little plainer, Daddy
For you are leading me.

"I know that once you walked this way
Many years go.
And what you did along the way
I'd really like to know.

"For sometimes I am tempted
And I don't know what to do.
So walk a little plainer, Daddy,
For I must follow you.

"Someday when I've grown up
You are like I want to be.
Then I will know a little child
Who will want to follow me.

"So walk a little plainer, Daddy
For we are following you."

--------------------------------

The Bible says:

"See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, redeeming the time for the days are evil. Wherefore, be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. And be not drunk with wise, wherein is excess, but be filled with the Spirit; speaking to yourselves in Psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Submittin yourselves one to another in the fear of God." - Ephesians 5:15-21

Recommended sermon (based on the above poem and Bible passage):

Walk a Little Plainer, Daddy, by Shane Skelton

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)