Thursday, January 19, 2017

Is Mike Pence Twisting Bible Verse Out of Context for the Inauguration?

Is Mike Pence Twisting Bible Verse Out of Context for the Inauguration? - pjmedia.com

Excerpt from this article:

"Pence announced he would be taking the oath with his hand not just on the Bible, but on a specific Bible verse. That verse is 2 Chronicles 7:14:
'If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.'
... 2 Chronicles 7 isn't describing a vague promise from God to an undefined people He would adopt in 1776 A.D. — it's about King Solomon's dedication of the Temple, and God's promises to Solomon specifically."
----------------------------------------------

I disagree. I think 2 Chronicles 7:14 is very appropriate for America in 2017. But, maybe an even better verse would be Jeremiah 9:9:

"Shall I not visit them for these things? saith the LORD: shall not my soul be avenged on such a nation as this?" - Jeremiah 9:9

Why don't you take some time to listen to a sermon from each of these verses and decide for yourself which is more appropriate for the inauguration? 

Our Nation Laid in God's Balance, by Dr. Joel Beeke (Jeremiah 9:9)
Revival - The Only Answer for Our Land, by Rev. Ian Brown (2 Chronicles 7:14)

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)