Saturday, December 16, 2017

Hymns for Saturday, December 16, 2017

How Great Thou Art
God of Our Fathers
Hark The Herald Angels Sing

Recommended Christmas poem:

'Twas the Light Before Christmas (author unknown)

Excerpt from this poem:

"I asked [Santa] if Jesus was God in the flesh
He said that was something he couldn’t confess.
He said 'I am Santa, I have come from afar.'
I stood in the truth, 'The Devil you are!
That suit and that beard doesn’t fool me one bit
Your jolly deception is straight from the pit!.'"

Recommended Christmas Sermon:

O Come All ye Failures, by Dr. David P. Murray

The text for this sermon is Matthew 11:28 (Audio):

"Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

Recommended reading & hymnbooks:


How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)