Monday, December 24, 2018

Christianity in Africa

Christianity in Africa -  Paul Flynn interviews Reformed Baptist preacher Conrad Mbewe

Here is an excerpt from this interview:

Paul Flynn: "How did you know the Lord was calling you to the ministry? Was it at a young age, or was it later in life?"

Conrad Mbewe: "I was definitely quite young. I must have been roughly 18, just entering my University studies. I was not even converted one year when I started getting a strong urge to preach. It disturbed me because I thought I was just admiring my pastor...But because this strong urge in me was not going away, and I was finding a lot of fulfilment in evangelizing even on campus itself, I decided to seek counsel from an older Christian...He advised me to continue my studies, finish them, continue waiting on the Lord, and if he was calling me he would make my path straight."

Recommended sermons and podcasts:

Dr. David Livingston: The Best Friend Africa Ever Had, by Dr. Peter Hammond
Stanley and Livingston, by Dr. Peter Hammond

Recommended reading:


681801: Pastoral Preaching: Building a People for God Pastoral Preaching: Building a People for God
By Conrad Mbewe / Langham Partnership International





689248: Insights from the Lives of Olive Doke and Paul Kasonga for Pioneer Mission and Church Planting Today Insights from the Lives of Olive Doke and Paul Kasonga for Pioneer Mission and Church Planting Today
By Conrad Mbewe / Langham Monographs






Pelendo: God's Prophet in the Congo, by Alpha Anderson (1967)

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)