Friday, August 23, 2019

Bible Reading for Friday, August 23, 2019

The following Bible reading program is taken from the One Year Bible KJV. I have added sermons from Sermonaudio.com to each day's Bible reading. 

Job 8-11 (Audio)

Interpreting Providence - CAUTION! by Rev. Noel Hughes [Text: Job 8:6]
The Beginning, Increase, and End of Divine Life, by Pastor Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-1892) [Text: Job 8:7]
Dealing With the Haiti Question, by Rev. Colin Mercer (2010) [Text: Job 9]
How Should a Man Be Just With God? by Rev. William McCrea [Text: Job 9]
The Sweet Uses of Adversity, Blessed Affliction Brings us to the Mercy Seat of God, by Pastor Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-1892) [Text; Job 19:2; Exodus 4:24] 


1 Corinthians 15:1-28 (Audio)

Is The Last Trump Really The Last? by Rev. Stephen Hamilton [Text: I Corinthians 15]

Psalm 38 (Audio)

When God's Children Fall, by Rev. Lawrence J. Bilkes [Text: Psalm 38:16b,17a]

Recommended hymn based on Psalm 38:

In Thy Wrath and Hot Displeasure

Do We Have the Right Conception of the Faith? Five Reasons Not to Sing the Psalms, by Pastor Kevin Swanson

Note: Don't let the title fool you. Pastor Swanson is very much in favour of singing the Psalms both in and out of the church.

Proverbs 21:28 & 29 (Audio)

God's Word Concerning Earthly Possessions, by Rev. Clayton Spronk [Text: Proverbs 21]

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)