Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Jenifer Aniston: "My Life, My Rules"

 As I was approaching the checkout counter at the local drug store, I saw a magazine with Jenifer Aniston on the cover. The caption read: "My Life, My Rules." I don't know a whole lot about Jenifer Aniston, other than that she's a Hollywood star and appears on the cover of a lot of magazines. 

But when I read that quote, I thought: That's only partly true. If Ms. Aniston is not a Christian, then the first part is true. It is "her life." The Christian would say, with the writers of the Heidelberg Catechism:

Question: What is your only comfort in life and in death?

Answer: That I am not my own,  but belong - body and soul, in life and in death - to my faithful savior Jesus Christ. He has fully paid for all of my sins with his precious blood, and has set me free from the tyranny of the devil. He also watches over me in such a way that not a hair can fall from my head without the will of my Father in heaven; in fact, all things must work together fore my salvation. Because I belong to him, Christ, by his Holy Spirit, assures me of eternal life and makes me wholeheartedly willing and ready from now on to live for him."

The second part of her quote is not true. It's not "Her Rules." It's our Lord Jesus' Rules!

Recommended Bible verses, sermons, poems and podcast for Jenifer Aniston: 

Bible Verse: Hebrews 9:27 (Audio): "And it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment."

Sermons: 10 Reasons Why Michael Jackson's Life and Death Matter, by Craig Musselman

Sermon: At the End of Your Life, by Pastor Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)

Bible verse: Revelation 18:4 (Audio):"And I heard another voice from heaven saying, Come out of her, my people, my people, that ye be not partaker of her sins, and that ye share not in her plagues." 

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)