Thursday, February 24, 2022

Today in History - February 25

1916 - In the Battle of Verdun, a German unit captures Fort Douaumont, keystone of the French defences, without a fight (Source)

Recommended sermons and podcasts:

Versailles - The Poisonous Spirit of Vengeance, by Dr. Peter Hammond

The following quote is from Churchill, Hitler and the Unnecessary War, by Patrick Buchanan:

 "Churchill was exhilarated. Six months later, after the first battle of Ypres, with tens of thousands of British soldiers in their graves, he would say to Violet Asquith: 'I think a curse should rest on me - because I am so happy. I know this war is smashing and shattering the lives of thousands every moment and yet - I cannot help it - I enjoy every second.'" 

Here is some good advice from Dr. Peter Hammond:

"Beware the victor's version. Wartime propaganda morphs into peacetime textbooks....think outside the box. Don't accept the official version. Ask why..." 

Recommended podcast: 

Honoring Veterans in 2021, by Jim Schneider of Crosstalk America

Recommended reading:

 What Veteran's Day Really Means - lewrockwell.com

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)