Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Is There Such a Thing as a "Christian" Heavy Metal Band?

'Christian Singer in Grammy-Nominated Heavy Metal Band Accused of Trying to Hire a Hit Man to Murder Estranged Wife - The Blaze

Excerpt from this article:

"The lead singer of Grammy-nominated heavy metal band “As I Lay Dying” was arrested Tuesday in California after he tried to hire an undercover detective to kill his estranged wife, authorities say."
------------------------------------------------

When it comes to Christian music, I think what God is most interested in is what is in our hearts. I'm sure there will be a lot of people who sang nothing but "Amazing Grace" and "The Old Rugged Cross" who will go to hell, while many who sang more modern music (but with a pure heart!) will go to heaven. 

Personally, I like the old hymns best (although I do like the song by Superchick, Cross That Line!; see their You Tube Video on background of that song: Superchicks Talk About 'Cross That Line')


Recommended reading & Listening (my post):

Franklin Graham's Rock the River Abomination, by Pastor Ralph Ovadal
More Thoughts on True Worship

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)