Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Is Nuclear War Between Russia and America Inevitable?

The Tipping Point Could Easily Escalate to World War III: Putin Says The Threat of Nuclear War is Very Real - shtfplan.com

Excerpt from this article:

“'The red line in the sand is if NATO makes Ukraine a member.  That will be seen as a call for war.' Dibbs also added that a nuclear war with Russia was 'not an impossibility.'
------------------------------------

The prospect of a nuclear war - even a limited one, if such a thing is even possible - is so  mind-numbing that you have to forgive people if they tell jokes about it. The reality is just too hard to deal with.  So I Googled "Nuclear War Jokes" just to see what came up:

"Meteor hits Russia. Anybody seen Optimus Prime?" (OK, maybe you have to be a Transformer fan to get that joke. I'm not, but I have a friend who is!)

"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker."
Albert Einstein

Albert Einstein also said: "I Don't know what World War III will be fought with, but I know what World War IV will be fought with - rocks!
Lillith: "In time, after the great nuclear meltdown, we will revert to the slime of our earliest ancestors, but what is most frightening is that we, the women of the world, will have to lay eggs in a marsh." (You have to believe in evolution, which I don't, to get this joke)

Of course, 2 of my favorite nuclear war jokes are actually songs:

We'll All Go Together When We Go, by Tom Lehrer
Christmas at Ground Zero, by Weird Al Yankovic

So, when you hear about a possible nuclear War, you have a couple of choices. You can put on some pajamas, get a cup of cocoa, and watch a good movie (I recommend Blast from the Past).  Or you could listen to the following 2 sermons by Dr. David P. Murray:

I Saw the Dead
Serious Preaching in a Comedy Culture 

Our Lord Jesus says:

"For what is a man profited if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?" - Matthew 16:26

Recommended reading (after you listen to these two sermons!):

Patrick Buchanan: Who Got Us Into These Endless Wars? - lewrockwell.com
Sessions: 'Trump is Right. We Need to End This Cycle of Hostility With Russia'
Justin Raimondo: Trump Enrages the War Party - lewrockwell.com
While Obama Guts the U.S. Military, Russia Prepares for War - infowrs.com
obamagolfcounter.com
Trolling for War With Russia
Japan Marks 68th Anniversary of Atomic Bombing (my post) 
"America 1st! (We'll Destroy the Rest of the Planet Later!)" - Barack Obama (my post)

Recommended podcast: 

Hiroshima, Scorched Earth, and Nuclear Warfare - Why We Don't Kill Women and Children, by Pastor Kevin Swanson

 

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)