Thursday, April 2, 2015

Prosperity Preacher Dies, Prepares to Recieve His "Real" Reward

Chrystal Cathedral Megachurch Founder Dead At 88 - Newser.com

Excerpt from this article:

"The Rev. Robert H. Schuller, the Southern California televangelist and author who beamed his upbeat messages on faith and redemption to millions from his landmark Crystal Cathedral only to see his empire crumble in his waning years, has died."

-------------------------------------

The Following is a quote from Robert Schuller's book: Self Esteem: The New Reformation:

"What do I mean by sin? Answer: Any human condition or act that robs God of glory by stripping one of His children of their right to divine dignity. ... I can offer still another answer: 'Sin is any act or thought that robs myself or another human being of his or her self-esteem'" (p. 14).

I don't recommended any of Robert Schuller's books, but if you want a good one on self esteem, check out Jay Adam's book:

The Biblical View Of Self Esteem, Self Love, Self Image

Other recommended reading & viewing:

Robert Schuller Interviews Billy Graham - youtube.com

Some People Are Still Preaching "The Theology Of The First Century" (my post)

Recommended sermon:

How To Benefit From A Funeral, by Dr. David P. Murray


How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)