Saturday, May 16, 2015

The Daily Spurgeon For Saturday, May 16, 2015

Quotes by Pastor Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834 - 1892)

"Christ is meek, as opposed to the ferocity and bigotry of zealots. Take for example the false prophet Muhammad. The strength of his cause lies in the fact that he is not meek. He presents himself  before those he claims as disciples and says: 'Take my yolk upon you and learn of me, for I am neither meek nor lowly in heart; I will have no patience with you; there is my creed, or there is the scimitar. Death or conversion, whichever you please."
 

Further recommended reading & listening:

The Best of The Daily Spurgeon
The Forgotten Spurgeon, by Iain Murray
A Defense of Calvinism - by Charles Spurgeon

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)