Sunday, May 27, 2018

BIble Reading For Monday, May 28, 2018

If you follow this Bible reading plan, you will read the Bible through every year, and you will read the Proverbs and the Psalms once every month. And under each chapter below I have selected one or more sermons on that chapter from SermonAudio.com. If English is not your primary language, check out Biblegateway.com and see if you can find a Bible in your native language.


I'm relying on the following website for much of this daily post: Read The Bible in One Year.

For today, read:

2 Chronicles 4, 5, 6John 10:24-42Proverbs 28Psalms 136137138139140

Sermons on  2 Chronicles 4 (Audio):

Are There Contradictions in the Bible? The Bible and Pi, by Michael Boehm [Text: 1 Kings 7:23; 2 Chronicles 4:5]

Sermons on  2 Chronicles 5 (Audio):

Preparation For and Possession of Revival, by Dr. Alan Cairns [Text: 5]
The Logic of Christ's Gospel and the Life of Christ's Servants, by Dr. Sinclair B. Ferguson [Text: 2 Chronicles 5:19-21]
In Praising and Thanking the Lord, by Rev. Lee Sterritt [Text: 2 Chronicles 5:13,14]

Sermons on  2 Chronicles 6 (Audio):

Solomon's Prayer, by Rev. Reginald Cranston [Text: 2 Chronicles 6; 1 Kings 8]
When God Says No! by Rev. Noel Hughes [Text: 2 Chronicles 6:7-9; 1 Samuel 7]

Sermons on John 10 (Audio):

The Wonder of His Works, by Rev. Ian Brown [Text: John 10:25]
Particular Redemption, Definite Atonement, by Rev. Brian McClung [Text: John 10:11,15,26]

Sermons on Proverbs 28 (Audio):

How Are You Dealing With Sin? by Rev. Maarten Kuivenhoven [Text: Proverbs 28:13]

Note: Many of the hymns found in this section can be found in the Psalter Hymnal

Sermons on Psalms 136 (Audio):

The Song of Mercy, by Dr. Michal Barrett [Text: Psalm 136]

Here is a hymn based on Psalm 136: Give Thanks to God for Good is He

Sermons on Psalms 137 (Audio):

Recovery of Saints From Babylonian Captivity, by Dr. Alan Cairns [Text: Psalm 137]

Sermons on Psalms 138 (Audio):

Christ-Centered Worship, by Dr. Alan Cairns [Text: Psalm 138]

Here is a hymn based on Psalm 138With Grateful Heart My Thanks I Bring

Sermons on Psalms 139 (Audio):

Imprecatory Prayers and 'Love Your Enemies?' by Dr. Alan Cairns [Text: Psalm 139:22; Palm 35]

The following sermons are on Psalm 139:13-16:


"For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest part of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, being yet unperfect, and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them."

God's Hands, God's Plans, by Dr. Toby B. Holt
The Most Dangerous Place Today: The Womb, by Ron Johnson
Motherhood in the Bible, by Dr. Ian R. K. Paisley (1926-2014)
The Sacredness of the Blood, by Dr. Frank McClelland
Robbing God of His Harvest, by Rev. Kevin McLeod
A Scripted Life, by Roger Wagner

Here is a hymn based on Psalm 139:  All That I Am I Owe to Thee [This is sung to the same melody as another beautiful hymn, Jesus, and Shall It Ever Be?]

Sermons on Psalms 140 (Audio):

The Believer's Armour-Bearer, by Rev. John Greer [Text: Psalm 140:7]

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)