Thursday, August 23, 2018

The Meek and Lowly One

The Meek and Lowly One, by Pastor Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-1892)

The text for this sermon is Matthew 11:28-30 (Audio):

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Hre is an excerpt from Pastor Spurgeon's sermon, The Meek and Lowly One :

"Christ is meek, as opposed to the ferocity of spirit manifested by zealots and bigots. Take, for a prominent example of the opposite of meekness, the false prophet Mohammed. The strength of his cause lies in the fact that he is not meek. He presents himself before those whom he claims as disciples, and says, 'Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me, for I am neither meek, nor lowly in heart; I will have no patience with you; there is my creed, or there is my scimitar - death or conversion, whichever you please.'"

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)