Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Daily Bible Reading for Wednesday, January 1, 2019

I'm going to be reading through the Bible (again!) in 2020, but this time - at my pastor's urging - I'm going to be doing it chronologically. In case you're not familiar with that concept, it simply means reading the Bible from the earliest chapters to the most recent.

And as I've been doing for several years now, I will be posting links to sermons for each portion of scripture. So why don't you join me? Make that one of your New Year's resolutions to read the Bible through at least one time in 2020 - and do it chronologically! [Note: The websites that I use to guide me through these readings is oneyearbibleonline.comkingjamesbibleonline.org/, and biblegateway.com/]

For today, read:

Genesis 1:1-3:24 (Audio)

The following sermon is on Genesis 1:

The Origin of Man and the Big Bang, by Dr. Ian Brown
Six Days & the Eisegesis Problem, by Ken Ham
Inherently Wind - Scopes Trial, by Dr. David Mentor

The following sermons are on Genesis 1:26 & 27:

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

Soul Care and Body Care, by Dr. David P. Murray
Famous First Words, by Dr. Sinclair B. Ferguson
Man Uniquely Made in God's Image, by Rev. Ian Goligher

The following sermons are on Genesis 3:15:

"And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head and thou shalt bruise his heel."

The Seed of the Woman, by Rev. Noel Hughes
The Covenant of Grace, by Dr. David P. Murray

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)