Sunday, December 29, 2019

Quote for Monday, December 30, 2019

 "Justice also respects the responsibility of the needy person. Justice says that a person who chooses to be poor should be allowed to have what he chooses. Nor will justice allow us - for loves sake - to assume responsibility for other people's mistakes. If my neighbor goes deeply into debt for luxuries he bought with his credit card, and then habitually expects me to pay his heating bill, justice holds back the hand of love. If my neighbors business is on the verge of ruin because he is incompetent and lazy, justice may require love to let his business fail, and then help him find another line of work." - Lewis Smedes, Mere Morality - What God Expects From Ordinary People

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)