Thursday, May 5, 2022

God, the Nation, and Adolf Eichmann

 God, the Nation, and Adolf Eichmann, by Dr. S. Lewis Johnson [Text: Amos 1:6-2:3]

-------------------------------

I have no doubt Adolf Eichmann is in hell today, and he is no longer laughing. But when he was alive he said...

"I will leap into my grave laughing because the feeling that I have five million human beings on my conscience is for me a source of extraordinary satisfaction." (Source)

Speaking about Mr. Eichmann, one person said:

"The trouble with [the Nazi war criminal Adolf Eichmann] was precisely that so many were like him, and that the many were neither perverted nor sadistic, that they, and still are, terribly and terrifyingly normal. From the viewpoint of our legal institutions and of our moral standards of judgment, this normality was much more terrifying than all the atrocities put together, for it implied...that this new type of criminal...commits his crimes under circumstances that make it well neigh impossible for him to know or to feel that he is doing wrong." - Hanna Arendt, 1963, as quoted in Why We Watched - Europe, America, and the Holocaust

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)