Monday, June 10, 2013

What is My Gospel Project?

There is a story about 19th century pastor Charles Spurgeon giving advice to a young preacher. The young minister told pastor Spurgeon that he had preached several sermons and no one was getting saved. The preacher was depressed and questioning whether he was even called to the ministry.

Pastor Spurgeon asks the young preacher, 'Do you really believe that every time you open your mouth someone is going to get saved?' And the young preacher responded, 'Oh no, no.. ' And Pastor Spurgeon tells him, 'Well, there's your problem. You don't have enough faith!'

I'm not a minister. I've never been a minister and I will never be one. But I dare to believe that our Lord Jesus will use my blog to bring people into his kingdom. I would like to believe that every time I blog someone will be exposed to the gospel and, the Lord willing, be brought into his Kingdom.

I've had visitors from over 90 countries around the world. I blog about a wide variety of topics, from news and current events to an occasional book or movie review. But the backbone of this blog has always been gospel sermons - not mine - I'm not a preacher - but the sermons of other faithful gospel ministers.

My hope is that perhaps someone may visit my blog to check out my news feature (Today in the News), but before he or she leaves, they happen to see a sermon like The God of the Bible Kills People or How to Benefit from a Funeral or Religion without Regeneration - and decide to listen to that sermon.

I don't accept donations, but If you want to support My Gospel Project, consider starting your own Gospel Project. Maybe you are blogger, or want to be one. Feel free to listen to some of the sermons you find here and repost them on your own Gospel Project! And then believe that our Lord Jesus will bless your efforts and use your site to fulfill his promise: "And this Gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto me, and then the end shall come." - Matthew 24:14

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)