Thursday, August 28, 2014

Corrupt From Top to Bottom: Paul Craig Roberts on the US Court System

Corrupt From Top to Bottom: Paul Craig Roberts on the US Court System - lewrockwell.com

Excerpt from this article:

"Only about 4 percent of federal felony cases go to trial. Almost all, 96 percent, are settled by negotiated plea bargains. Law & Order Conservatives condemn plea bargains for the wrong reason. They think plea bargains let criminals off easy. In fact, plea bargains are used by prosecutors to convict the innocent along with the guilty. Plea bargains eliminate juries and time-consuming trials, that is, plea bargains eliminate all work on the part of prosecutors and police and lead to high conviction rates for prosecutors, the main indicator of their career success." 
-----------------------------------------------
"As a young lawyer, from the books that I'd read,
I thought justice and law were the same.
But I soon put such juvinile thoughts from my mind
And I studied the rules of the game." (Author unknown)
Recommended reading:

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)