Monday, August 18, 2014

The Daily Spurgeon for Monday, August 18, 2014

Quotes by Pastor Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834 - 1892)

"I picture myself standing at the bar of God. As the Lord liveth, the day of judgment is coming. You believe that? You are not an infidel; your conscience would not permit you to doubt the Scripture. Perhaps you may have pretended to do so, but you cannot. You feel there must be a day when God shall judge the world in righteousness. I see you standing in the midst of that throng, and the eye of God is fixed on you. It seems to you that he is not looking anywhere else, but only upon you, and he summons you before him; and he reads your sins, and he cries, "Depart ye cursed into everlasting fire in hell!" My hearer, I cannot bear to think of you in that position; it seems as if every hair on my head must stand on end to think of any hearer of mine being damned." - From Compel Them to Come In

Further recommended reading & listening:

The Best of The Daily Spurgeon
The Forgotten Spurgeon, by Iain Murray
A Defense of Calvinism - by Charles Spurgeon

Further recommended reading & listening:

The Best of The Daily Spurgeon
The Forgotten Spurgeon, by Iain Murray
A Defense of Calvinism - by Charles Spurgeon

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)