Thursday, August 14, 2014

Helen Reddy, I Am Woman, and The War On Women

I was probably 14 years old when Helen Reddy came out with her great song: I Am Woman. If you're not familiar with it (is that even possible?), why don't you take a moment to listen to it now? [The above link will take you to Helen Reddy's live performance in 1975. If you prefer something a little more current, check out the the following:  Helen Reddy: Interview and Duet With Rose O'donnell - I Am Woman]

I remember watching a BBC news broadcast several years back where the Anchorwoman was tearing into her host for supporting the "War on Terror." Her host - a male - responded by saying something like: "You'd better hope we win." The Anchorwoman said, "Why?" Then the host - a male - began to educate her on her job prospects in a state run by Muslim Clerics.

I don't know much about Helen Reddy's life or worldview. My guess is that we are miles apart on some issues (One of the sermons I have recommended on this site - Women Saved in Childbearing - might make her throw up! But one thing I think we would agree on is this: The incredible worth of a woman!

The Bible says:




-Proverbs 31:10-31

Recommended reading:

Turkish PM to Female Journalist...Shameless Woman! Know Your Place!

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)