Monday, December 21, 2015

Daily Bible Reading for Monday, December 21, 2015

There are many different websites that offer reading plans to read the Bible in a year. Here is a really good one:  Read the KJV Bible in One Year. For today, why don't you read along with me in Chapters  1-3  in the book of Joel.

Special verses:

"And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil. Who knoweth if he will return and repent , and leave a blessing behind him" - Joel 2;13,14

"And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten" - Joel 2:25

"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy , your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivere" - Joel 2:28-32

"Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say , I am strong" - Joel 3:10

"Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe : come , get you down ; for the press is full , the fats overflow ; for their wickedness is great.  Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision. The sun and the moon shall be darkened , and the stars shall withdraw their shining." - Joel 3:13-15

Note: If you have a reading disability that makes it difficult or impossible to read along with me this year, please consider going to Biblegateway.com and listening to the Bible. This is a great site with many resources, one of which is an audio version of the Bible.

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)