Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Recommended Psalm for Wednesday, May 4, 2016

To God My Earnest Voice I Raise, based on Psalm 142

Here are the words to this [paraphrased] Psalm:

To God my earnest voice I raise,
To God my voice imploring prays;
Before His face my grief I show
And tell my trouble and my woe.

When gloom and sorrow compass me,
The path I take is known to Thee,
And all the toils that foes do lay
To snare Thy servant in his way.

All unprotected, lo, I stand,
No friendly guardian at my hand,
No place of flight or refuge near,
And none to whom my soul is dear.

O Lord, my Savior, now to Thee,
Without a hope besides, I flee,
To Thee, my shelter from the strife,
My portion in the land of life.

Be Thou my help when troubles throng,
For I am weak and foes are strong;
My captive soul from prison bring,
And thankful praises I will sing.

The righteous then shall gather round
To share the blessing I have found,
Their hearts made glad because they see
How richly God has dealt with me.

You may be more familiar with the following wonderful hymn (that often uses the same tune):

When I Survey the Wondrous Cross

Recommended reading:

Previously recommended Psalms & hymns:

Fanny Crosby Program
Recommended Psalm for Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Recommended Psalm for Monday, April 25, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Saturday, April 23, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Thursday, April 21, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Tuesday, April 19, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Monday, April 18, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Saturday, April 16, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Friday, April 15, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Thursday, April 14, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Wednesday, April 13, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Tuesday, April 12, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Monday, April 11, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Saturday, April 9, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Friday, April 8, 2016

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)