Saturday, September 28, 2019

Life Ethics on Abortion, Reproduction, and Genetics

Life Ethics on Abortion, Reproduction, and Genetics, by Dr. M. Keith Foskey

The text for this sermon are:

Exodus 21:22-25 (Audio):

"If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and ye no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as he woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe."

"Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee."
---------------------------------------
Here are some fascinating lectures on ethical issues by Allen Cagle:

Bioethics - Editing Life- CRISPR
Bioethics - End of Life
Bioethics - Beginning of Life
Bioethics - The Gift of Life
Bioethics - Protecting Life
Bioethics - Choosing the Good

In one of these lectures - I think it the one dealing with End of Life - Allen Cagle quotes Dr. R. Albert Mohler, Jr., as asking the disturbing question: "When does right to die turn into the responsibility to die?"

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)