Saturday, February 7, 2015

Alice Cooper, Godfather Of Shock Rock: 'I Teach Bible Study'

Alice Cooper, Godfather Of Shock Rock: 'I Teach Bible Study'- breitbart.com

Excerpt from this article:

 “'I’m the perfect example of the prodigal son,' Cooper laughed. 'My dad was a pastor, my grandfather was an evangelist, and my wife’s father is a Baptist pastor. So I grew up in the church, and all of my friends were church kids. I had so much fun. I mean, I was in church on Sunday, Wednesday night, Friday nights. All my social life was based around kids in the church.'”
----------------------------------------------------

 Alice Cooper - of School's Out and No More Mr. Nice Guy fame - isn't someone I would have pictured teaching a Bible study. But then former slave trader John Newton (of Amazing Grace fame!) probably would not have been someone his contemporaries would have imagined becoming a preacher of the gospel. John Newton once said:

"If I ever reach heaven, I expect to find 3 wonders there: First, to meet some I had not expected to see there. Second, to miss some I had expected to see there. And third, the greatest wonder of all, to find myself there."

Recommended sermon:

When Government Tries To Be God, by Dr. David P. Murray

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)