Monday, October 29, 2012

Remembering Lady Jane Grey - The 9 Day Queen

I used to spend a lot of time memorizing time lines. At one time I had committed to memory most of the kings and queens of England from the time of William the Conqueror (1066) to the current Queen, Elisabeth II.

I have long since forgotten most of those time lines, but still, if you were to have asked me yesterday if I could name the kings and queens of England during the 1500s, I would have said, "Of course!" And I would have rattled off Henry the VII, Henry the VIII, Edward VI, Mary Tudor (aka Bloody Mary) and Elisabeth I. 

And I would have been wrong! I would have left out one of the most important rulers of England during that century - Lady Jane Grey.  As Reformation Day approaches (October 31st), please find some time to listen to the story of this amazing young queen:

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)