Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Romney Foreign Policy Speech Promises Bigger Government and New Wars

Romney Foreign Policy Speech Promises Bigger Government and New Wars

Although I have no official connection with the website, Sermonaudio.com, I am very enthusiastic about this site, and frequently link to sermons and other audio messages posted there.  But that does not mean I agree with every thing every speaker says on this site.

Recently, I listened to a couple of sermons where the ministers were criticizing those who hold to conspiracy theories, and especially singling out Alex Jones' websites, Prison Planet.com and InfoWars.com.

I don't know Alex Jones and I have no official connection to his web sites. But as part of my research for my Today in the News feature, I do follow his web sites every day (along with about 25 other sites, including Canada Free Press, The New American, The Drudge Report, The Blaze, PravdaAl Jazeera and occasionally more mainstream news sites such as CNN.com and Foxnews.com).

I think Alex Jones sees conspiracies every where he looks.  In fact, I think much of what he posts on his site detracts from the one real conspiracy he talks about, which has been called The Conspiracy Theory of History (see my post Why I Believe in the Conspiracy Theory of History).

The 2 ministers I referred to earlier were critical of those who hold to conspiracy theories (Sorry, I don't recall who they were).  I think they are both right and wrong in this. On the one hand, Christians don't need to live in fear of what evil men (and women!) might be 'conspiring' to do. The Bible says:

"For he hath said, I will never leave thee nor forsake thee. So that we may boldy say, The Lord is my helper, and I shall not fear what man shall do unto me." - Hebrews 13:5,6

and

"The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth. The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming." - Psalms 37:12, 13

But the Bible also says My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge (Hosea 4:6; yes, I'm sorry. I'm sure I'm ripping that verse right out of context!). And if you had the knowledge that Alex Jones has about The Conspiracy Theory of History (again, see my post Why I Believe in the Conspiracy Theory of History), it wouldn't surprise you to read a news story like: Romney Foreign Policy Speech Promises Bigger Government and New Wars

In my humble opinion, if you have not read the 1971 book by Gary Allen, None Dare Call it Conspiracy, you don't even have a right to have an opinion on the topic!

Recommended listening and reading

The Rise of the New World Order, by Pastor Joey Faust

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)