Wednesday, October 17, 2012

"Whosoever Will May Come" (Revelation 22:17) - Does this Verse Scare Calvinists?

As I was scrolling through the new sermons posted on SermonAudio.com, I came across one titled: The Verse that Scares Calvinists: Whosoever Will May Come, by W. J. Mencarow.  My first thought was this was an Arminian, a non-Calvinist minister and he is going to take this opportunity to tell his listeners why Calvinism is wrong.

My initial reaction to the title of this message was to post a link to it on my blog, and then as a way to refute what he was going to say, I was going to post a link to my post The Five Points of Calvinism, which is basically a collection of links to audio and printed material explaining and defending Calvinism.

But then as I was preparing to listen to this sermon, I noticed that speaker, Pastor W. J. Mencarow, was pastor of Reformation Presbyterian Church.  Unless I am mistaken, Presbyterians - unless they are apostate liberals like those in the USPCA, are Calvinists. So I was all the more intrigued by the title of this message.

What I discovered after listening to this message is that it is a solid defense of Calvinism. So solid, in fact, that I have included a link to this sermon in my The Five Points of Calvinism.

See also my post, Charles Spurgeon on Calvinism

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)