Sunday, October 14, 2012

"Like Most Catholics, I Do What I Want." - Vice President Joe Biden

In the recent Vice Presidential debate ('SNL' takes on vice presidential debate), Vice President Joe Biden said, "Like most Catholics, I do what I want."  Many - perhaps most - Protestants could say the same thing.

But our Lord Jesus issues a stern warning for those what profess to be one of his followers, and yet, 'does whatever he or she wants:'

"Not everyone that sayeth to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, but they that do the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say unto me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophecied in Thy name? And in Thy name cast out devils? And in Thy name done many wonderful works? And I will profess unto them, I never knew you. Depart from me ye that work iniquity." - Matthew 7:21-23

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)