Thursday, April 24, 2014

Rancher Bundy Explains the 'Negro'

Rancher Bundy Explains the 'Negro' - newser.com

Excerpt from this article:

"Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy became a hero in some libertarian and conservative circles for his standoff with federal authorities over grazing rights earlier this month. But then he kept talking. The New York Times today quotes him thusly: 'I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro...they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do? They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton...Rand Paul, who repeatedly defended Bundy amid the standoff, issued a statement asserting that Bundy's 'remarks on race are offensive and I wholeheartedly disagree with him'"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Senator Rand Paul: Cliven Bundy's "remarks on race are offensive and I wholeheartedly disagree with him." But given the fact that Cliven Bundy is a Mormon, I think his remarks are consistent with his Mormon religion - or at least, with the Mormon church he grew up in (See: Racism in Mormon Scriptures). But I do side with Cliven Bundy in the standoff with the Bureau of Land Management (See: Why the Land Belongs to Bundy).

The Bible says:  "There is neither Jew nor Greek, bond nor free, male nor female..." - Galatians 3:28.

Recommended reading, viewing and listening:


How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)