Friday, November 20, 2015

Kudos to Toys R Us, Michael Moore

Toys R Us Removing Toy Guns From Stores in France Following Paris Attacks - breitbart.com

Michael Moore Offers His Michigan Home to Syrian Refugees - breitbart.com

----------------------------------------------

One of the main purposes of this blog is to spread the Gospel of my Lord Jesus Christ - and I do this in part by posting links to various gospel sermons (see here and here and here and here, and here)

But another purpose is just to share my take on social issues like gun control  and immigration (see here, and here, and here, and here).

Michael Moore and I are probably as far apart as Bernie Sanders and Rush Limbaugh (I'm a little bit to the right of Rush!).

But I'm not opposed to giving kudos where kudos are due. And the above 2 news stories highlight 2 things that deserve kudos:
1. Toys R Us for removing toy guns from their store. I am a fierce defender of our second amendment right to bear arms (not to be confused with arming bears, which I don't recommend!). But guns are not toys and all stores (as well as second hand stores, garage sales, Craigslist, etc.) should follow Toys R Us' lead and refuse to sell these guns ... to anyone.
2. Michael Moore deserves our kudos for offering to let Syrian refugees to live in his house. Hopefully this is not just a publicity act. But I think Christians would do well to follow his lead here - especially for refugees that name the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible says:

"But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?" - 1 John 3:17
.

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)