Thursday, October 27, 2016

The Daily Spurgeon for Thursday, October 27, 2016

Quotes by Pastor Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834 - 1892)


"Permit me first of all to accost you in the highways of sin and tell you over again my errand. The King of heaven this morning sends a gracious invitation to you. He says, 'As I live, saith the Lord, I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, but had rather that he should turn unto me and live:' 'Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord, though your sins be as scarlet they shall be as wool; though they be red like crimson they shall be whiter than snow.'"   From Spurgeon's sermon Compel Them to Come In

Further recommended reading & listening:

The Best of The Daily Spurgeon
The Forgotten Spurgeon, by Iain Murray
A Defense of Calvinism - by Charles Spurgeon


How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)