Saturday, March 17, 2018

Daily Bible Verse(s) for Saturay & Sunday, March 17 & 18, 2018

"As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated." - Romans 9:14 (Audio)

Here is a sermon on Romans 9:14-29:

The Decree of Reprobation, by Rev. Cornelis (Neil) Pronk

Note: While the text Rev. Pronk uses for this sermon is Romans 9:14-29, this sermon is a part of a series of sermons preached on the Canons of Dordt (1618/1619). One of the issues brought up in the Canons of Dordt is the biblical doctriine of Predestination. Here are 2 more closely related sermons from this series:

Eternal Decree of Election
Objections to Election Answered

And here is a sermon by Rev. Paul den Butter that you may want to listen to. It is not a part of the above series, but it does add light to this admittidly difficult doctrine:

The Doctrine of Total Depravity.

Pastor Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892), who believed in the biblical doctrine of predestination with every fiber of his being, put it this way:

"'What?' you say. 'Can God make me become a Christian?' I tell you, yes, for herein lies the power of the gospel. It does not ask your consent, but it gets it. It does not say, 'Will you have it?' but it makes you willing in the day of God's power....The gospel wants not your consent, it gets it. It knocks the enmity out of your heart. He makes your will turn around, and then you cry, 'Lord, save me or I perish.' 'Ah,' might heaven say, 'I knew I would make you say that!'"

Recommended podcast:

Radio Free Geneva: Free Will Debate, by Dr. James White

 

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)