Monday, March 26, 2018

Daily Bible Verse for Monday, March 26, 2018

"I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine."
- John 17:9 (Audio)

Here are some sermons on John 17:9:

Visions of Heaven and Hell, by John Bunyan (1628-1688) [Note: John Bunyan is the Puritan Preacher who wrote one of the all time best sellers, besides the Holy Bible: Pilgrim's Progress. He also wrote many other books, among them The Holy War]
Were We Not Given to the Son by the Father? by John Calvin (1509-1564)
The Exclusive Intercession of Christ, by Pastor Kevin Boling
For Whom Does Christ Pray? by Rev. Reginald Cranston
They Are Thine and Mine, by Pastor Robert McCurley

Here is a quote from Pastor Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892):

"'What?' you say. 'Can God make me become a Christian?' I tell you, yes, for herein lies the power of the gospel. It does not ask your consent, but it gets it. It does not say, 'Will you have it?' but it makes you willing in the day of God's power....The gospel wants not your consent, it gets it. It knocks the enmity out of your heart. He makes your will turn around, and then you cry, 'Lord, save me or I perish.' 'Ah,' might heaven say, 'I knew I would make you say that!'"

For further study:

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)