Saturday, March 24, 2018

Thoughts for Saturday & Sunday, March 24 & 25, 2018

"It will be a hard thing to die without Christ. I cannot help thinking of you. I see you acting the suicide this morning, and I picture myself standing at your bedside and hearing your cries, and knowing that you are dying without hope. I cannot bear that. I think I'm standing by your coffin now, and looking at your clay-cold face, and saying, 'This man despised Christ and neglected the great salvation.' I think what bitter tears I shall weep then, if I think that I have been unfaithful to you, and how those eyes fast closed in death, shall seam to chide me and say, 'Minister, I attended the music hall, but you were not earnest with me; you amused me, you preached to me, but you did not plead with me. You did not know what Paul meant when he said, 'As though God did beseach you by us we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God!''" - From the sermon Compel Them to Come In, by Pastor Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-1892)

Also by Pastor Spurgeon:

The Man With Two faces
Satan Considering the Saints

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)