Sunday, June 24, 2018

5 Thought-Provoking Quotes for Monday, June 25, 2018 (Alleine, Tyndale, Luther, Calvin)

Thought 1:
Photo by Filip Zrnzević on Unsplash

 "For a soul to come to Jesus, is the grandest event in history." - Joseph Alleine (1634-1668)

Thought 2:

"I defy the Pope and all his laws. If God spare my life, ere many years I will cause a boy who drives a plough to know more of the scriptures than you do." - William Tyndale (1494-1536) (Source)

Thought 3:

"You alone ... have attacked the real thing, that is, the essential issue. You have not worried me with those extraneous issues about the Papacy, purgatory, indulgences, and such like - trifles, rather than issues - in respect of which almost all to date have sought my blood...you, and you alone, have seen the hinge on which all turns, and aimed for the vital spot. For that I heartily thank you; for it is more gratifying to me to deal with this issue." - Martin Luther (1483-1546) (Source)

To find out more about this 'vital issue' why don't you listen to the following sermon by Rev. Paul den Butter:

Total Depravity


Thought 4:

"God preordained, for his own glory and the display of His attributes of mercy, a part of the human race, without any merit of their own, to eternal salvation, and another part, in just punishment of their sin, to eternal damnation." - John Calvin (1509-1564) (Source)

Recommended sermons:

The Decree of Reprobation, by Rev. Cornelis (Neil) Pronk [Text: Romans 9]



Thought 5 (From the Bible):

"Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else." - Isaiah 45:22 (Audio)

Here are some sermons on Isaiah 45:22:

Sovereignty and Salvation, by Pastor Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-1892)
Look Unto Me and Be Saved, by Dr. David P. Murray
A Gospel So Urgent, and Well Grounded, and Inviting, by Rev. Hans Overduin
Salvation Plain and Simple, by Rev. Ian Brown
The Universal Gospel Call, by Rev. Cornelis (Neil) Pronk


How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)