Thursday, April 25, 2019

What is My Gospel Project?

Short answer: My Gospel Project is my personal response to my Lord Jesus command to "Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature." [Mark 16:15 (Audio)]

Longer answer: I started My Gospel Project in 2012, although really I started it a year earlier on a different platform. Since that time I have had people from over a quarter of a million people from over 90 countries around the world visit my site.

My Gospel Project is not a substitute for joining, attending and being active in a local Bible-believing church. I post a lot of sermons every day, but I never post a sermon - ever - from a minister that does not share my conviction of the importance of being a part of a local church.

I have a lot of fun with My Gospel Project. It's the highlight of my day. Isaiah 55:11 says:

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

So while My Gospel Project is not a substitute for church, it is very much like handing out gospel tracts in cyberspace - sort of like spiritual arrows - and then trusting God's Holy Spirit to direct those arrows where they need to go!

I try to keep My Gospel Project simple so that anyone can do what I do. If you're a housewife with kids or a farmer with lots of cows, you could start your own Gospel Project. And I would not mind a bit if you wanted to title it My Gospel Project and use the same format I use. But chances are you may want to title it Bill's Gospel Project or Tami's Gospel Project. And rather than focus on news current events, like I do, you may want to focus on arts & crafts, or music, or ???

I have 3 affiliates that I promote with My Gospel Project: Amazon.com, Christianbooks.com, and Covenanteyes.com. You may wish to forgo having any affiliates, or you may wish to have 10!

It's a lot of fun. You learn a lot of neat stuff (and some not-so-neat stuff!). But one of the biggest rewards is the thought that maybe when I get to heaven I'll meet someone there who was blessed by My Gospel Project! That truly makes it all worthwhile.

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)