Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Today in History - April 24

1558 - Mary, Queen of Scots, marries the Dauphin of France, Francois, at Notre Dame de Paris (Source)

John Knox has been quoted as saying (About Mary, Queen of Scots): "If you strike not the root, the branches will grow again."

For information on Mary's more well-known relatives, Mary Tudor (ada Bloody Mary), Queen Elizabeth I, check out the following:

Church History: English Reformation, by Matt Powell
Antichrist Rages in England: Bloody Mary: God's Tool of Reformation, by W. J. Mencarow [Text: Revelation 11, 18]
Bloody Mary, Part 1, by Rev. John Sawtelle
Bloody Mary, Part 2, by Rev. John Sawtelle
Elizabeth I, Part I, by Joe Morecraft III
Elizabeth I, Part II, by Joe Morecraft III

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)