Thursday, May 2, 2019

Polycarp, John and Jesus

Polycarp, John and Jesus, by Peter Hammond
-------------

Polycarp was not the first Christian to be martyred for his faith, but the following quote has been an inspiration to thousands of Christians over the past 1900 years:

"Eighty and six years have I served Christ, nor has he ever done me any harm. How then, could I blaspheme my King who saved me?... I bless thee for deigning me worthy of this day and this hour that I may be among thy martyrs and drink the cup of my LAord Jesus Christ." - Polycarp (69-150) (Source)

Recommended sermons and podcasts:

Stories That Need to Be Told - Polycarp and the Early Church Martyrs, by Pastor Kevin Swanson
Reformation Early Church Fathers - Polycarp, by Rev. Myron Mooney

Recommended reading:

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)